Thursday, July 14, 2011

Bel Canto by Ann Patchet

My friend Erin recommended me this book -Bel Canto by Ann Patchett - and when I got a book gift card for graduation I decided to buy it. Lately it has been hard for me to find books with original storylines, so it came as a great surprise to find a well written, thrilling and original book. The multiple characters in Bel Canto have depth and you feel that you are getting to know them as if they were people you actually met. In addition, it brings such disparate topics together like politics and opera, language and social barriers. Telling you what the book is about would take away a little of the originality of the book, so I hope you are curious enough to read it!

3 comments:

  1. Haha. Erin totally got that book from me! I love Bel Canto! It's always one of my first recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Has anyone read her most recent book? It is on my to read list! She is such a wonderful writer! Bel Canto is one of my favs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got to meet her last year! She told me I looked like I was sixteen, and wouldn't believe I wasn't in high school

    When she signed my copy of Bel Canto, she told me to "embrace my youth and beauty."

    ReplyDelete