Monday, October 24, 2011

What are you reading this fall?

I have not been very good at keeping up with this blog lately, but I'm curious to know what everyone is reading this time of year. Do your reading habits change with the habits in terms of what you like to read and how much time you have? Whenever I've been in school (which, actually, has been always up until now), I have a much harder time finding time or energy or motivation to read non-school related material, whether I am teaching or taking classes myself (or especially when both).

All my books are in storage in Columbus, Ohio right now. Okay, that is not entirely true--all the books I had with me in Ohio are now in storage in Ohio, but I still have several bookshelves full of books here in Rhode Island. But ALL my poetry books are in storage, and that in itself has proven very frustrating. So I've been collecting books from the library, starting with poetry. I've also been collecting recommendations for mysteries and spooky Halloween reads. I'll post a more specific list (long) later, but in the meantime, what about you?

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read these but these fall book reviews piqued my interest!

    1. http://www.npr.org/2011/11/02/141693986/a-persian-poem-soars-in-conference-of-the-birds

    2. http://www.npr.org/2011/10/31/137157526/spooky-and-cerebral-3-brainy-books-for-halloween

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read everything!!
    I love your blog :)

    http://bubblemylicorice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete