Monday, August 8, 2011

One Day by David Nicholls

As I was at a bookstore yesterday browsing for a present for my 16-year old cousin who loves to read (I settled on The Kite Runner), I saw that One Day by David Nicholls was on sale because apparently a movie based on the story is going to premier this month. I am usually wary of books that I love that get turned into movies, even if it is the writer that is adapting the book. So I thought that before some of you go watch it, maybe I could interest you in reading this one of a kind book.

I think the reason why I really enjoyed reading this book is because I see myself in it. The endless talks through the night about books, politics, culture; keeping in touch through the years through a postcard or a letter. So before the summer ends, what not read a book that visits the life of two friends for a day every summer during twenty years? A tale of the modern times, about timing and change in peoples dreams and wants as they get older.



Posted by Anabela

No comments:

Post a Comment